Sometimes we open a web page in Opera Mini or Opera Mobile Browser and we are unable to view some fonts. They appear like small squares. This is due to the absence of that font in your phone. You cannot install fonts in your android phone without rooting it. If you don’t want to root your phone and still want to view Punjabi, Hindi and other fonts in Opera Mini Browser you can do the following steps. With the help of this tutorial you will be able to view Punjabi, Hindi and other fonts while browsing Facebook, Twitter and other websites (through Opera Mini)
1. Open Opera Mini Browser in your phone.
2. Type about:config in the address bar (where Enter Address is written) and open it. Just like you open any other website by entering its address.
3. Power User Settings will be opened. Various options will be listed here.
4. Scroll down to settings called use bitmap fonts for complex scripts. Default value is set to ‘No’ here. Change it to Yes and click on Save below.
5. Done. Now open Facebook or any other website, you will be able to view Punjabi, Hindi or other fonts on the page.
For further queries, leave a comment below. I will respond to it as quickly as possible. You can also follow me on twitter