Sometime you open a Word, Excel, PowerPoint file on your smartphone and the text is not readable or doesn’t make any sense. The problem is due to lack of particular font in which the document is originally written. With this tutorial you can now use any font on your phone with the help of Kingsoft Office. I have taken example of installing Punjabi Fonts, but you can install any other font as you wish.
This tutorial will guide you to view Punjabi fonts in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Notepad files on your android smartphone. Not only you can view Punjabi font but you can also edit it. This will resolve such problems when you are unable to read your document because of a particular font not present in your smartphone.
Things you need
‘Kingsoft Office’ app for your phone. Size 15.5mb (Download link here)
‘Kingsoft Office XPlats’ for windows. Size 4.07mb (Download link here )
Various Punjabi fonts installed on a windows based PC
A Facebook, Twitter or Google (gmail) account
Summary of Steps to view any font on your phone
Install Kingsoft Office in your phone and Kingsoft Office XPlats in your PC
Use XPlats on your PC to upload the required fonts from your PC to Cloud
Use Kingsoft Office app on your phone to download the fonts from Cloud to your phone
Now you are able to view documents saved in the fonts you just downloaded.
Detail of Steps to view Punjabi (or any other) Font on your Smartphone
1. Install Kingsoft Office in your phone.
2. Install required Punjabi fonts (like Asees, AnmolLipi etc) in your PC.
3. Install Kingsoft Office XPlats v1.4 in your PC.
4. Run XPlats on your PC. You will be presented with the following screen
5. Click on Sign in. There are three options to sign in as visible in the next screenshot.
You can use your existing Google (gmail) account, Facebook account or Twitter account to sign in. Somehow the first two didn’t work for me. Though it may work for you. So I am going with the twitter option.
6. Click on Twitter. Enter your twitter username and password. After successful login the next screen appears
(Note: If some certificate warning appears, click on ‘Yes’ to proceed)
7.Click on Authorize app. On Next Screen, Click on Cloud Fonts and then System Option as shown in the red circles.
Here all the fonts installed on your PC will be shown.
8. Click on the required fonts and choose to upload. The selected fonts will be uploaded to the cloud, which we will be downloading in our smartphone later. I have selected and uploaded fonts like ‘AmritLipi’, ‘AnmolLipi’, ‘Asees’, ‘Joy’ etc which are the most popular Punjabi fonts.
9. Click on the ‘Cloud’ option. You can see the fonts which you have successfully uploaded to the cloud.
Major task is done here. Just a few steps on your phone remains
10. Run Kingsoft Office app on your phone. Create a New Document and tap Blank Word. Tap on Font Option. Again tap on Font. A drop down menu appears. There are two options here All and Cloud. Click on Cloud and then Try now.
11. Sign in with your twitter account. (or the account you used to Login in step 5). After successful login, the fonts you uploaded earlier from your PC will be shown here under the cloud tab. Download them all. This is all you need to do. Now open any Word, Excel, PowerPoint File on your phone (using kingsoft Office app). You will be able to view and edit the file with proper font.
Please leave your comments below if you have any problem at any step. You can also follow me on twitter Follow @gurmatpal